Are you searching for the best plugins to improve your website performance? Indeed, there are a lot of WordPress plugins available for installation and this can put a new user into a dilemma in choosing the right plugin for installation. Having more than 8 years of experience in WordPress resources site, we have tested over 100 best free and paid WordPress plugins, so we are going to introduce the 5 important WordPress plugins for a website to help you improve your website performances.
Moreover, installing the right set of WordPress plugins can help you grow your website and improve its functionality. So let’s look at the 5 must WordPress plugins for a website.
5 Important WordPress Plugins for a Website
Wordfence is one of the best WordPress plugins that include a firewall and malware scanner to protect your WordPress site. Its firewall rules, malware signatures, and malicious IP address keep your website safe. some of its security solutions are as follows.
- Firewall identifies and books malicious traffic and the premium version’s real-time firewall rule and malware signature updates via the threat defense feed.
- Malware scanners block requests that include malicious code or content.
- Malware scanner checks core files and detects malware in themes, bad URLs, SEO spam, and plugins.
- It can manage the security for multiple sites in one place.
- It also contains 2-factor authentication (2FA), Login Page CAPTCHA stops, and disable or add 2FA to XML-RPC.
You can use the free version of this plugin on your site and its premium charges start from $99 for a site for a year.
2. Yoast SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
This WordPress plugin helps you rank higher in search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. By installing this plugin you have access to a tool to optimize your content for SEO and overall readability. Yoast SEO Premium plugin contains even more tools and functionality to help you rank higher in search engines.
This plugin is packed with full features and designed to help you and search engines to get the most of your website. Some of its features are as follow:
- It contains technical SEO improvements like canonical URLs, meta tags, and advanced XML sitemaps.
- Controls over site breadcrumbs, and an in-depth Schema.org integration that will improve that chance of getting rich results.
- SEO analysis, readability analytics, full language support, a Google preview, innovation Schema blocks, and faster loading times.
- Internal links block
- Social previews to show you how your content will be shown on social media.
- Can optimize your content for synonyms and related keywords.
- Internal links suggestions
- An orphaned content filter to detect posts that have no links and optimize your article for different word forms of your key phrases in the article.
Its free version also contains many good features and its premium version starts from $89/ year.
This one is another popular WordPress plugin with 5+ million active installations. It gives your website the functionalities like security, marketing, performance, and design tools. Moreover, this plugin is made by WordPress experts to help WordPress sites perform faster and grow traffic.
In addition, the Jetpack security includes unique features of auto real-time backups, malware scans, and spam protection. Some other features of Jetpack are as follows:
- It can manage migration to a new host. Back up all website data and migrate everything to a new host.
- Automatically scans your site for malware and other code threats.
- Monitor your site uptime/ downtime 24/7 and get instant alerts by email.
- The XML sitemap is created automatically.
Speed And Performance:
- Enable Lazy load images for super fast experiences.
- It’s partnered with Google AMP and has the best and highest speed of all time.
- Check your site stats and analytics and understand your audience.
- You can also grow traffic with SEO tools for Google, Bing, Facebook, Twiter, and WordPress.com.
Being an online blogger you do receive a lot of spam comments in the comment section or in the contact form submission. Akismet has the solution for that. This plugin checks your all comments and contact form submission against any kind of spam and protects your site from publishing malicious content.
Akismet automatically checks the comments and prevents them from appearing on the comment section and you can check the spam comments on your blog’s comments admin screen. Moreover, it has some other unique features as follow:
- You can check each comment which was caught or cleared by Akismet and was spammed.
- The moderate can see the number of approved comments for each of the users.
- Speed up your site and save disk space by a discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam.
You can use its free version and its plus version which is very popular for professional and commercial sites costs $8.33/ month.
WordPress can be vulnerable to things like such as hacking, server crashes, security flaws, theme updates bad plugins, and insecure web hosts. If such crashes happened to your website it would cost dearly in time, reputation and money. Always backups are the ultimate insurance.
If anything worst happens to your website, your all related files and database stay safe and can be restored in no time. Hence, UpdraftPlus is the best plugin for backups and restoration. You can back up your website data to Microsoft OndeDrive, Google Cloud Storage, Microsoft Azure, Backblaze B2, and WebDAV using the paid version.
In addition, with this plugin, you can set up automatic backup schedules restore your backup when needed. More than 3 million sites have tested this.
You can use its free version and its premium version (Enterprise) costs $195 now and $117 then per year.
- Best Retouching Plugins of Photoshop for macOS Mojave and Windows
- How to Add Sticky Ads on WordPress Sites & Boost AdSense Revenue
- How to Add Google Custom Search on WordPress Website without Code?